DISCOVERING COMMUNITY VIDEO
In March of 1982, three families met for the first service of Community Christian Church at the home of Pastor and Sister Corbett. Pastor Corbett preached and taught the adults while Sister Corbett taught the children. The neighborhood children were the first visitors. In addition, the first outreach ministry, "The Door of Faith" radio broadcast, began. Within eighteen months, Community Christian Church was full and had to move to the next location 1203 W. 14th St.
There was continuous growth, out of which grew a choir of 4 to 6 members. A book table was the beginning of Community Christian Church Bookstore. In December of 1985, CCC moved to Highway 11 South (between Adyen and Greenville) and experienced phenomenal growth. Within five years, two Sunday morning services were needed to accomodate the worshippers.
In April 1990, Community Christian Church moved to 1104 N. Memorial Drive, which is our present location. In 2007, we moved from our old sanctuary to our new Worship Center, which has the capacity to hold 1500 people. Our old sanctuary is now the JDC Multipurpose Building.
JDC Multipurpose Building GCCC Worship Center